The YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood enforces a policy of terminating services for on-going programs - specifically Not Quite Nursery, Preschool Prep, Nursery School, the Kids’ Connection, the After School program, and Day Camp - to members who owe the Y money. Any exceptions to this policy will require that a payment plan be worked out with administrative staff stipulating that services will be ended if there’s non-compliance with the payment plan.
- Y membership is required to use the Fitness Center or enroll in Not-Quite Nursery, Preschool Prep, Nursery School, Kids’ Connection After School Program and Day and Nursery Camp.
- We can arrange confidential interviews to discuss scholarship eligibility.
- Non-members can participate in some activities and classes by paying the designated fee.
- Membership for the Senior Center is required, but there’s no charge for it.
- All members of the Fitness Center must obtain a photo I.D. and they must adhere to the Center’s rules and regulations.
Annual Fee Schedule
|Family Memberships with 1 child|
|Family Membership (1 child in program)||$200|
|With Fitness Center for Individual Adult||$325|
|Family Memberships with 2 or more children|
|Family Membership (2 or more children in program)||$225|
|With Fitness Center for Individual Adult||$350|
|Teen Fitness Membership (16 and over)||$250|
|Fitness Center Memberships|
|Fitness Center Single Adult Membership||$300|
|Fitness Center Couple Membership||$400|
|Firness Center Senior Membership||$175|
|Fitness Center Summer Memberships (Memorial Day - Labor Day)|
|Fitness Center Department of Education|
|Staff Membership (limited hours)||$175|
Unless otherwise specified in a particular program agreement, the following will apply:
- If a class is cancelled due to insufficient registration, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation by class members must be made prior to the second class. The Y will retain a prorated percentage of the fee based on number of classes in program.
- There are no refunds of membership fees.
- Approved refundable amounts on programs or activities may be transferred from one activity to another without a processing fee. These will first be applied to any other outstanding Y balances, including membership.
The Y will extend a member’s renewal for serious illness or extended vacation under the following conditions:
- The member calls in advance to inform us that he/she will not be using their membership privileges or in the case of a major illness, the Y must be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
- The members bring or send in membership card(s) to be held until membership is reinstated.
- The membership card(s) will not be used for at least three months.
Returned Checks: There is a $35 processing fee for all returned checks.
Lost Membership Cards: You will be charged a $5 fee to replace a lost Y membership card.
The YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood is a multi-service community center that provides activities which meet the educational, recreational and social needs of the Jewish and general communities.
We take photographs and video throughout the year of various Y activities which may be used for publicity and/or for promotional pieces including our web site. The Y reserves the right to use all photographs and video unless we receive specific instructions to the contrary.