Thank you for your interest in the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood. Please note that the Y will discontinue services for ongoing programs (including but not limited to Nursery School and Nursery Camp, Be Me: After School, Camp Twelve Trails, and the Fitness Center) to participants/members who have balances in areas.
Learn about membership and associated fees here.
Sibling Discount Policy
Available for families with two or more participants enrolled. A 5% discount will be applied to the participant with the lower fee. In the case of more than one sibling, the 5% discount applies to all additional participants after the first participant.
A sibling discount will be issued when guardians contract services for more than one child at the Y. Each sibling must be registered for concurrent programs in the same year, for example:
- 2 children enrolled in the Y Nursery School
- 2 children enrolled in Be Me: After School Program
- 1 child enrolled in Nursery School and 1 child enrolled in Be Me After School
- 1 child enrolled in Footpaths Nursery Camp and 1 child enrolled in Camp Twelve Trails
Discounts are applied to the following charges:
- Nursery School tuition (including Early, Lunch, Late, and Extended Care) and Nursery School transportation
- Be Me tuition and Be Me transportation
- Camp Twelve Trails tuition (including Early and Late Care)
- Footpaths Nursery Camp tuition (including Early, Lunch, Late, and Extended Care) and Footpaths Nursery Camp transportation
Discounts are not applicable to the following:
- Nursery School Electives
- Be Me Electives
- Birthday Parties
- Sunday Funday
- Fitness Memberships
- Toddler Programs (i.e. Toddler and Parent Exploration)
- Vacation Camp, School Half Days, and Day Off Programs
For programs where there are early bird rates, sibling discounts still apply and are calculated based on those fees.
Unless otherwise specified in a particular program agreement, the following will apply:
- If a class is cancelled due to insufficient registration, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Approved refundable amounts on programs or activities may be transferred from one activity. These will first be applied to any other outstanding Y balances, including membership.
The Y will extend a member’s renewal for serious illness or extended vacation under the following conditions:
- The member calls in advance to inform us that he/she will not be using their membership privileges or in the case of a major illness, the Y must be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
- The members bring or send in membership card(s) to be held until membership is reinstated.
- The membership card(s) will not be used for at least two months.
Returned Checks: There is a $35 processing fee for all returned checks.
Lost Membership Cards: You will be charged a $5 fee to replace a lost Y membership card.
Photography & Video Policy
We take photographs and video throughout the year of various Y activities which may be used for publicity and/or for promotional pieces including, but not limited to, our website, social media, or printed materials. The Y reserves the right to use all photographs and video of adults unless we receive specific instructions to the contrary; we will seek consent prior to using photographs and video of minors. If you have any questions, contact Marketing Director Flora Huang () or the relevant program coordinator.
Room 216-217: $100/hr
Art Room, Room 201 and 312: $75/hr
Music Room: $50/hr
Discounted rates available for long term rentals and not for profit organizations. For more information, or to learn about rates for ongoing events and programs, please contact Victoria Neznansky at: or 212-569-6200 ext. 204.
A copy of the Y's Whistleblower Policy can be found here.