Thank you for your interest in the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood. Please note that the Y will discontinue services for ongoing programs (including but not limited to Nursery School and Nursery Camp, Be Me: After School, Camp Twelve Trails, and the Fitness Center) to participants/members who have balances in areas.
Learn about membership and associated fees here.
Sibling Discount Policy
Available July 1, 2016 for families with two or more participants enrolled. A 5% discount will be applied to the participant with the lower fee. In the case of more than one sibling, the 5% discount applies to all additional participants after the first participant.
A sibling discount will be issued when guardians contract services for more than 1 child at the Y. Each sibling must be registered for concurrent programs in the same year:
- 2 children enrolled in the Y Nursery School 2017-18
- 2 children enrolled in Be Me: After School Program 2017-18
- 1 child enrolled in Nursery School 2016-17 and 1 child enrolled in Be Me After School 2017-18
- 1 child enrolled in Footpaths Nursery Camp 2017 and 1 child enrolled in Camp Twelve Trails 2018
Discounts are applied to the following charges:
- Nursery School tuition (including Early, Lunch, Late, and Extended Care) and Nursery School transportation
- Be Me tuition and Be Me transportation
- Camp Twelve Trails tuition (including Early and Late Care)
- Footpaths Nursery Camp tuition (including Early, Lunch, Late, and Extended Care) and Footpaths Nursery Camp transportation
Discounts are not applicable to the following:
- Nursery School Electives
- Be Me Electives
- Birthday Parties
- Sunday Funday
- Fitness Memberships
- Toddler Programs (i.e. Music + Playtime Combo Class)
- Holiday Camp, School Half Days and Day Off Programs
For programs where there are early bird rates, sibling discounts still apply and are calculated based on those fees.
Sibling discounts do not apply for those who apply for financial assistance. If financial assistance is not awarded or is awarded at a level where families are not paying less than they would with the sibling discount, the sibling discount will be applied at that point instead of financial assistance.
Unless otherwise specified in a particular program agreement, the following will apply:
- If a class is cancelled due to insufficient registration, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Approved refundable amounts on programs or activities may be transferred from one activity. These will first be applied to any other outstanding Y balances, including membership.
The Y will extend a member’s renewal for serious illness or extended vacation under the following conditions:
- The member calls in advance to inform us that he/she will not be using their membership privileges or in the case of a major illness, the Y must be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
- The members bring or send in membership card(s) to be held until membership is reinstated.
- The membership card(s) will not be used for at least two months.
Returned Checks: There is a $35 processing fee for all returned checks.
Lost Membership Cards: You will be charged a $5 fee to replace a lost Y membership card.
Photography & Video Policy
We take photographs and video throughout the year of various Y activities which may be used for publicity and/or for promotional pieces including our web site. The Y reserves the right to use all photographs and video unless we receive specific instructions to the contrary.
Room 216-217: $100/hr
Art Room, Room 201 and 312: $75/hr
Music Room: $50/hr
Discounted rates available for long term rentals and not for profit organizations. For more information, or to learn about rates for ongoing events and programs, please contact Victoria Neznansky at: or 212-569-6200 ext. 204.
A copy of the Y's Whistleblower Policy can be found here.