Social Services/Case Assistance
The Center for Adults Living Well @ the Y is committed to providing a wide variety of social services to our members and community in order to assist those 60 and better to live in the community with dignity, self-sufficiency and a sense of well-being.
Please contact our multiligual caring staff for Free services:
Maribel Ortiz-Flores, Case Worker
Will assist you in English and Spanish:
- To apply for health insurance, change it or other related issues
- To provide information about your Benefits and Entitlements
- To apply or re-apply for Benefits and Entitlement such as: Public Assistance, Medicaid, Medicare, Housing, Food Stamps, Immigrant Assistance, Information and Referrals as well as Advocacy
- To sort your mail, translate or explain
- Monday-Friday, Room 306, 3rd Floor 9:00am-4:00pm
- Contact Maribel Ortiz-Flores: Mortizflores@ywashhts.org or ext. 244
Masiel Veras, Intake, Entitlement & Benefits Coordinator
Will assist you in English and Spanish
- To register as a new member or renew your annual registration
- To provide information about your benefits and entitlements
- To apply or reapply for benefits and entitlement such as:Public Assistance, Medicaid, Medicare, Housing, Food Stamps, Immigrant Assistance, Information and Referrals as well as Advocacy
- Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday, 9-4 pm; lobby
- Contact Masiel Veras MVers@ywashhts.org or ext. 235
Monthly legal clinic with NYLAG or Skadan Arps
Will assist members with:
- advance directives
- financial issues
- long term care
- benefit information
- Contct Mira two weeks in advance for an appoitment at or ext. 231
Weekly Benefit Information Kiosk
Get informed about benefits and entitlements, and the help available for you in the community. Have your questions answered.
Contact Masiel Veras at MVeras@ywashhts.org or ext 235.
2016 AARP Tax Assistance Program
Trained volunteers will assist you in filing 2016 taxes.
Every Monday and Wednesday starting February 2016.from 9:00am to 2:00pm
To schedule please call John at extension 227.