Family Literacy Program (FREE!)
The FREE Family Literacy Program consists of interactive workshops where the whole family can discover exciting books together, work on creative projects, and learn games that build language and literacy skills. Our program is designed to improve the educational and economic opportunities of the children by:
- Helping children reach their full potential as learners
- Providing literacy skills for their parents
- Helping parents become full partners in the education of their children
The 2016-2017 program launches the week of September 27, 2016.
- Mondays, 2:30 – 4:30 pm: Dos Puentes (Dos Puentes K-2nd graders and their families)
- Tuesdays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm: the Y (open to all K-3rd graders and their families)
- Tuesdays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm: Harbor Heights
- Wednesdays, 4:30 – 5:30 pm: WHEELS
- Wednesdays, 4:00 – 5:30 pm: P.S 125 for Kindergarten students and their families
- Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm: the Y (open to all K-3rd graders and their families)
For more information contact Alan Scher ( or 212-569-6200 ext. 248).